Friday, December 1, 2017 (Series 3) (Part One)

In a dream I recall what occurred. The snow falls around me. It's cold but I walk on. I can smell Winter all around me. It's everywhere.


My feet create sounds that echo as the snow crunches beneath me. I am not alone. There is someone following me. When I step I hear their step. They are trying to hide their sounds by walking when I walk but it does not work.


I do not run. I walk slowly through the trees. I can see where the woods ends and the railroad tracks separate the woods from the Kmart parking lot. I am almost there. I can hear the Salvation Army bell ringing. I can hear shoppers enter and exit the store.


A wind blows past me. A chill runs up and down my spine. It's almost as if the person behind me has breathed upon my neck. 


I walk. My feet move forward.


I wake to silence. My room. The planets hanging from the ceiling, glowing in the dark, and my cat Tiger at my feet sound asleep. It was a dream but it was more than a dream: it was a memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Story (Part One)

Sunday, December 3, 2017 (Series 3) (Part Three)