Monday, November 6, 2017 (Part Two)

I count the cars passing as I wait. It's during times like these that I wish I were one of those people that arrived late or even on time. I am one of the few people that insists upon arriving early wherever I go.


I see him. I would recognize him anywhere. I have studied his profile for hours. I have imagined things. Now, he's here in person. Maybe I am somewhat nervous now that this date thing is real and not just another date on my calendar marked with a big circle.


"Hello, you must be..."


"Yes. I am he. I mean I'm your date."


"Good. for a moment I thought I was here to meet that older man sitting at the bus stop over there."


I wonder if he's telling jokes because he's nervous or he tells jokes all of the time. It was not in his profile.


A pause in conversation. A conversation already so short and I wonder if it's over already. Is he disappointed after meeting me in person. I'm not. I mean he's funny and cute. I also caught a glimpse of the front of his jeans. I can see the outline of his...


"Did you want to go to dinner or catch a movie or just go back to my place?"


"It's hard to chose."


"I was joking about the last option. Unless you really want to..."


"No. Maybe. Let's get some coffee."


"I don't drink coffee. It makes me too hyper"


"Oh. What do you want to do?"


"I'm not hungry and I don't want to see any of the movies out now."


"Oh."


"I guess I wasn't joking about my place."


We walk though I'm not sure where we're walking to. We cross the street. We walk into an apartment building. Our hands touch slightly as we swing our arms at our sides. I want to hold his hand. I want to do more. 


His apartment. He lives alone. He's older than I imagined. I live with my parents. I could not imagine having my own apartment.


"Wine?"


I'm not sure how to respond.


"Beer?"


I want to come off as older. I want to appear mature. I wonder if I should accept a beer.


"Soda?"


"That sounds fine."


I think I ruined the night. He'll think I'm some dumb kid and tell me to go home before my parents ground me.


"Cool. I have friends that are on the program."


We sit in his living room. He sits next to me. Part of me wants him closer. Parts of me want him to move over. His hand not holding the wine glass is on my leg.


I finish the soda just as he empties the wine glass. He takes my glass. He goes to the kitchen. i hear the water running. He washes his dishes after using them.


I want to pace. I want to do something besides sit there.


He returns from the kitchen. His extended hand is before me. I take his hand. Down a hallway he leads me. We stop beside his bed. I imagined this happening. I imagined I would say that I wanted to wait for at least the third date but my mouth is silent and my body is willing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Story (Part One)

Sunday, December 3, 2017 (Series 3) (Part Three)