The Cabin Boy (The Barn)

Long rays of light beam down from holes in the roof. Dust floats like fog. A hand reaches out: her hand on the fly of my pants. Her breath is heavy as she unzips:  her breath warm against flesh. The sound of her soon makes me almost forget how we came to be here.


What began as a shortcut to her house became a long stretch of asphalt. I keep asking her if she’s certain that this is the road, but now she doesn’t remember. She looks out the window watching the trees: mile after mile of woods and dirt roads leading nowhere. The trees surround us and the stars dot the sky above us. The radio, silent, turned off since we lost reception.


“Stop!”


Brakes squeak as I bring the car to a stop and a boy, from the darkness appears on the side of the road. Ashley rolls down the window. The boy looks at us: his blank, pale, face stares at me. Ashley motions for him to hop in the back.


The road continues as questions enter my mind: questions about that boy. The car is silent as the sun rises behind us, the trees appearing to be ablaze with the early morning light filteringthrough the branches. My eyes are heavy as the road ahead bends ahead. The car is slowing yet my foot hasn’t left the pedal. I look down at the fuel gauge and consider how far the walk is to the next pump.


Ashley knows it before I can tell her. She doesn’t say a word as the car comes to a stop on the side of the road. In silence we sit.


After some time I look for a container to bring back gas in. I find nothing and look at her. She begins walking away from the car with the boy beside her. They don’t look back, nor do they say a word to me. I lock the car and run after them. We walk in silence for mile after mile. Trees on either side makes it feel as though we are getting nowhere.


The boy points ahead of us to a dirt road. Ashley looks at the boy and then me. We walk down this dirt road. A faded sign nailed to a tree is the first sign of humanity found on this dirt road.


A barn appears ahead of us. The three of us approach the barn. For the most part the paint is gone revealing bare wood. The boy runs off leaving us alone. I look at her and she looks back at me with a smile. We walk inside the barn, closing the door behind us, and look around. Holes in the roof allow beams of light to hit the ground. A mouse runs through one of the patches of light. Ashley screams. I place my arm around her. Her hands come to my face as our heads move closer together. 


We find a spot at the side of the barn to sit. My coat acts as a blanket. She unbuttons my shirt, we sit as one, and our mouths connect. Our tongues mingle as her hands drift downward. She stops kissing.


Long rays of light beam down from holes in the roof. Dust floats like fog. The fly of my pants undone, she pulls down my pants and boxers as one. Her mouth quick and her breath warm: my breathing quickens.


A sound of footsteps comes from somewhere and a door opening makes me look up. I want to stop Ashley but I can’t. I see a figure, in silhouette, approaching us. Something metal passes through a patch of light. I want to shout. I want to say something. I want to say anything.


Ashley has her eyes closed. I want to move, but I am frozen in place. Any second now and I will explode. Ashley moans and thrust my hips: the only movement I make as someone approaches us.


My breathing quickens even more. The boy appears from the shadows. I feel some comfort but not much. He comes closer revealing a spiked pole in his hand. He stands over us a second, watching my body thrusting into her. He raises the pole over his head. In an instant the pole penetrates her. Blood gushes from her mouth. The red mingles with white in some bizarre blend.


The boy looks at me, and smiles. I close my eyes waiting for my life to come to an end at the hands of this boy.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Story (Part One)

Sunday, December 3, 2017 (Series 3) (Part Three)