Everyday

Sun through window wakes me. Flesh is hard. Dreams are fading. Clock by my bed tells me I should be on my way but the bed is so inviting. To remain here all day would be wonderful, but the world outside calls me forward.


Shower. Water awakening. Still need coffee but this is a start.


Beakfast. Simple. Yogurt. Coffee. Nothing more.


Out the door. Have I forgotten something? No, so I go to my car.


I drive to the city. Los Angeles. Such a city. So much more than any other.


I work through the hours. Counting the seconds. Mind full of plans for lunch. A meeting. Not a date. Could be a date. He's meeting me at the restaurant.


Restaurant. Nothing fancy. Not fast food but it's not expensive. He is there waiting. A meeting as friends turns into a date. He laughs at my jokes even when they are not so funny. We share stories of childhood. Stories of work. We share our goals and dreams.


Today started like any other but now it is unlike any other. Tonight I won't go to bed alone. And when I wake up I will not be alone. Flesh will be hard, but not for long. 


Maybe he is the one I will share my life with. We will look back upon this day. The day that changed our lives and brought two paths together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Story (Part One)

Sunday, December 3, 2017 (Series 3) (Part Three)